Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,185 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jessa (Duggar) Seewald Posts 22-Week Bump Pic: 'Baby Seewald Weighs Just Over a Pound'
- Read the Cover Story: Growing Up Kennedy!
Exclusive Family Photos from White House Nanny
- Former CNN Anchor Lynne Russell and Husband Involved in Deadly Gun Battle with Robber
- Emmitt Smith and Property Brothers' Jonathan Scott Withdraw as Miss USA Judges After Donald Trump Comments
- Nicholas Winton Dies at 106; 'British Schindler' Saved Hundreds of Children from Holocaust
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 26, 1992
- Vol. 38
- No. 17
Dressing Up & Down
So Here They Are: People Crowns the Classiest (and the Trashiest) Dresses of '92
Look at these pictures and you have to wonder, as we did, why so many celebs are so, er, sartorially challenged. To be fair, a star's public life is a constant tug between not wanting to be mobbed and a nagging fear of going unrecognized. But why be fair? Wouldn't you think these people with limitless budgets and retainers could get themselves together? You would. We would.
But the results speak for themselves. Here, then, are the good, the bad and the truly terrible of the year, as well as the folks who, like Demi and Madonna, bared all for fashion. Here, too, are the headliners of '92—the British royals, dressing for stress, and the presidential candidates, dressing under duress. We've also included a look ahead. Will it be bye-bye to boxers and backward baseball caps? So far, we see a checkered future, some low-key grunge and enough leather and faux animal prints to cloak whole clans of cavepersons. In sum, it seems that the tiger is saved for now, but the Waleses are definitely on their own.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!