Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Blade Runner Sequel Suffers Fatal Set Accident, Construction Worker Dies at 28
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- WATCH: Tamra Judge Stirs the Pot Following Heather Dubrow and Kelly Dodd's Dinner Party Blow Up
- 10 Things You Never Knew About Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Shoots
- Surprise! Pinterest Inspired Jessica Alba's '60s-Inspired Cat Eye Look
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 26, 1992
- Vol. 38
- No. 17
Dressing Up & Down
So Here They Are: People Crowns the Classiest (and the Trashiest) Dresses of '92
Look at these pictures and you have to wonder, as we did, why so many celebs are so, er, sartorially challenged. To be fair, a star's public life is a constant tug between not wanting to be mobbed and a nagging fear of going unrecognized. But why be fair? Wouldn't you think these people with limitless budgets and retainers could get themselves together? You would. We would.
But the results speak for themselves. Here, then, are the good, the bad and the truly terrible of the year, as well as the folks who, like Demi and Madonna, bared all for fashion. Here, too, are the headliners of '92—the British royals, dressing for stress, and the presidential candidates, dressing under duress. We've also included a look ahead. Will it be bye-bye to boxers and backward baseball caps? So far, we see a checkered future, some low-key grunge and enough leather and faux animal prints to cloak whole clans of cavepersons. In sum, it seems that the tiger is saved for now, but the Waleses are definitely on their own.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!