Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- From Slum Kid to Chess Champion: The Amazing Real-Life Story of The Queen of Katwe's Phiona Mutesi
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Graphic Video Captures Moment 6-Year-Old Boy Is Killed by Police As Wounded Dad Says, 'My Little Boy'
- Brave Princess Kate Becomes First Mother in History to Wear All White to Playdate
- She's Getting Married! Luann de Lesseps Parties with RHONY Cast at Her Bridal Shower
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 26, 1992
- Vol. 38
- No. 17
THE LOOK: Motown meets the Left Bank.
THE MOOD: Sass with class.
FASHION PHILOSOPHY: Four heads are better than one.
The '90s answer to the Supremes, this Grammy-nominated quartet, which is dressed by the likes of Thierry Mugler, is dedicated to the principle that it's as important to hit the right note visually as vocally. Their name is no accident—it was chosen, says Voguer Maxine Jones, to signify "class and sophistication and style." So far their four-part fashion harmony—each bold, body-hugging ensemble keyed to the musical mood—seems to be a big hit. "I think they are setting a whole new style for the way girl groups look," says designer Betsey Johnson. Tom McKinley, costume designer for I'll Fly Away, takes it even higher. "They look fabulous...like the four most beautiful women in the world."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!