Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Man Takes Cat Canoeing, Drowns Trying to Save It
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Dogs Welcoming Servicemembers Home Will Move You to Tears Of Joy
- What All the Stars Are Wearing After Cannes (Spoiler: Not Much!)
- From EW: New Girl's Max Greenfield Is Joining American Horror Story: Hotel
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 26, 1992
- Vol. 38
- No. 17
NICHE: America's reigning WASP princess, heir to Grace Kelly's well-bred good looks.
BEAUTY SECRET: Born that way.
TRUE CONFESSION: Her preferred outfit is a sweat suit.
America's favorite single mom doesn't Quayle in the face of criticism. But then, what's to criticize? Even dressed in flannel pajamas printed with coffeepots—a costume chosen personally by Bergen—Murphy Brown looks terrific.
Not that Candice and Murphy are interchangeable. Aside from such stunning attire as the black, shoulder-revealing Donna Karan dress she wore to the Emmys, Bergen swears that she's a sartorial piker compared with Murphy. Candice never wears heels and can't stand trendiness—"I'd rather shoot myself than wear a bustier." On her, however, classic takes on new dimensions. As designer Richard Tyler says, "She's a great role model." Take that, Mr. Vice President.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!