Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Ashley Williams's Blog: Why I Decided to Have a Home Birth
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- QUIZ: How Long Would It Take for You to Die in The Game of Thrones World
- Venezuelan Woman Earns Apartment After Hitting President with Mango
- 13 Reasons to Love Just One of the Guys 30 Years Later
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 26, 1992
- Vol. 38
- No. 17
DOCTOR'S BAG: Arctic casual.
OFF-CAMERA STYLE: Formality with flair—"I like the familiarity of classic lines, played with a little."
Like Dr. Joel Fleischman, the Noo Yawker transplanted to Alaska whom he plays on TV's Northern Exposure, Rob Morrow can get pretty picky. But what the actor fusses over offscreen is fashion. Now that he can afford them, this self-described clotheshorse favors muted, quietly fashionable suits by such Japanese designers as Issey Miyake, Yohji Yamamoto and Comme des Garcons (whose ensemble he sports here). Morrow tries "to funk things up" by pairing them with T-shirts; one recent favorite advertises his aversion to George Bush. He also helped create Dr. Joel's rugged look on the show—which, says Tom Julian of the Men's Fashion Association, is "one of the biggest influences since Miami Vice." But style doctor Morrow would like to take his alter ego even further: "There's not enough edge for me in what Joel wears."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!