Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Man Takes Cat Canoeing, Drowns Trying to Save It
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Dogs Welcoming Servicemembers Home Will Move You to Tears Of Joy
- What All the Stars Are Wearing After Cannes (Spoiler: Not Much!)
- From EW: New Girl's Max Greenfield Is Joining American Horror Story: Hotel
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 26, 1992
- Vol. 38
- No. 17
WORD SHE DEFINES: Elegant.
GUINNESS RECORD: Decades without a stylistic faux pas.
FASHION TIPS: You kidding? The day she addresses her public is the day she wears combat boots.
The First Lady of Fashion still leads the way. Thirty years after she started the rage for pillbox hats and Chanel-style suits, designers are turning anew to her White House image. But Jackie O has moved seamlessly onward to more casual looks, like jeans and evening pants. While she toes a somewhat conservative line—hems around the knee, white gloves for special occasions, classically tailored dresses—no one else carries it off with such flair. Onassis "has perfect taste," says designer Oleg Cassini, who dressed her in the Camelot years. Adds couturier Valentino: "She represents the American woman at her best. She dresses with the same elegance when she rides her horse or wears a ball gown."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!