Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Which Breaking Bad Star is Headed to CBS?
- Read the Cover Story: The Untold Love Story Behind American Sniper
- Suge Knight Involved in Fatal Hit-and-Run After Allegedly Getting Into Brawl on Film Set
- What's Blue, Green & Frozen All Over? Starbucks's New Super Bowl Drink
- Bernese Puppy Goes for a Slo-Mo Ride on the Ice
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday January 30, 2015 07:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 26, 1992
- Vol. 38
- No. 17
NEWEST SELF: Pictorial bi toy.
BIGGEST CHALLENGE: Finding fresh ways to shock.
Any photograph of the Material Girl actually wearing any material is hopelessly un-courant. Her latest incarnation means there's a lot more of her—in fact, almost all of her—on display in Sex and Erotica, her new book and record. Given her eccentric fashion choices, nudity may be the way to go. After all, skin is always in—but some outfits are always out. Take the passé gold tooth, coupled with slovenly cuffs, displayed in September, when she was still wearing clothes. "Madonna could be one of the most glamorous, beautiful women in the world," says Key West designer Beverly Nelson Safire. "I think she chooses not to." Susan Bixler adds, "It doesn't take a great deal of wardrobe creativity to shock and offend. It's harder to be tasteful." And James Brady asks simply, "Do we really have to put up with this?"
January 30, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!