Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Channing Tatum, Emma Stone and Zac Efron Lead MTV Movie Award Nominations
- Read the Cover Story: What Caused This Teenager to Murder His Parents?
- 14 Dinner-for-Breakfast Recipes That Will Make You Give Up Cereal
- Ansel Elgort's Mom Doesn't Know Who Bruce Willis Is (VIDEO)
- 5 Places to Wear Your Katy Perry-Approved Left Shark Onesie (Yep, That's a Thing Now)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 26, 1992
- Vol. 38
- No. 17
NEWEST SELF: Pictorial bi toy.
BIGGEST CHALLENGE: Finding fresh ways to shock.
Any photograph of the Material Girl actually wearing any material is hopelessly un-courant. Her latest incarnation means there's a lot more of her—in fact, almost all of her—on display in Sex and Erotica, her new book and record. Given her eccentric fashion choices, nudity may be the way to go. After all, skin is always in—but some outfits are always out. Take the passé gold tooth, coupled with slovenly cuffs, displayed in September, when she was still wearing clothes. "Madonna could be one of the most glamorous, beautiful women in the world," says Key West designer Beverly Nelson Safire. "I think she chooses not to." Susan Bixler adds, "It doesn't take a great deal of wardrobe creativity to shock and offend. It's harder to be tasteful." And James Brady asks simply, "Do we really have to put up with this?"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!