Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sisters Missing for 2 Weeks Survive on Girl Scout Cookies And Cheese Puffs
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Patrick Schwarzenegger Indulges in Some Retail Therapy Following Miley Cyrus Split
- Everyone Has a Theory About the New Royal Baby Outside St. Mary's Hospital
- Linda Thompson: 'It's Impossible' to 'Fully Grasp What an Imprisonment' Bruce Jenner Felt
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 28, 1992
- Vol. 38
- No. 26
She KO'd Iron Mike but Remains More Victim Than Victor
The 19-year-old sophomore at Rhode Island's Providence College today spends most of her time alone in her room at school. She is plagued by nightmares—which have worsened since her parents split up last June. Though she still dreams of someday going to law school, these days, says her attorney, Deval Patrick, "her plans are to get through tomorrow." Patrick has filed a civil suit on Washington's behalf, seeking unspecified damages for emotional and physical distress—including that caused by two venereal diseases (one now cured) that she claims Tyson gave her.
Tyson, meanwhile, maintains his innocence from a medium-security prison in Plainfield, Ind., and has filed an appeal. But Patrick is not worried. "In a cooler moment," he says, "we'll remember just who the victim is. It's not Mike Tyson." And when that moment comes, Desiree Washington just might be able to gather strength from her own heroic actions.
April 25, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!