Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Chris Rock's Estranged Wife Malaak Speaks Out About Clash Over Child She Says They Raised as Their Own
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Teresa Giudice Will Spend Thanksgiving Alone in Prison to Make Holiday as 'Normal as Possible for the Girls,' Source Says
- Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick Step Out for Lunch in Calabasas Ahead of Thanksgiving
- Mark Zuckerberg Is 'Thankful' for Family, Shares Sweet Photo of Pregnant Wife Priscilla Taken By Annie Leibovitz
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 25, 1993
- Vol. 39
- No. 3
Hillary at Home: An Album
Bright, Energetic and a Daughter Her Mother Could Count On, She Had a Loving, Close-Knit Family—and, Always, a Desire to Excel
Hillary and her brothers posed with grandfather Hugh Rodham, a lace-factory worker in Scranton, Pa.
In 1955, "not everyone had a TV, so we had to make up games," says Hugh (here with Hillary). "We were self-reliant."
In addition to skating, the athletic Hillary (at age 6, with Hugh, 3) enjoyed everything from baseball to ballet.
"I never had to worry about Hillary putting her finger in a light socket or anything," says mother Dorothy of her daughter (with Tony and Hugh). "I had great confidence in that child."
Hillary caught some sun with Tony and Hugh. Later, as a teenager, she worked as a lifeguard at the municipal pool in Park Ridge.
"It seemed to me you should not be held down because you were a girl," says Dorothy of her daughter (with Hugh in 1952). "So I made sure that 'roles' didn't interfere with her direction."
Dressed for a major holiday moment, Hillary and Hugh paid a solemn visit to Santa Claus in 1952.
"We lived in a very middle-class suburb," says Tony. "But our parents would drive us down to Skid Row." Adds Hugh (with Hillary): "They wanted us to find out the plight of other people."
November 23, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!