Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Barack Obama Leads Tributes as Former Israeli President Shimon Peres Dies at 93
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Young Girl Breaks Down in Tears While Scolding Charlotte City Council in Aftermath of Protests
- How Will and Kate Are Spending a Kid-Free Night in Yukon During Their Canadian Tour
- Married at First Sight's Tom Wilson on Why He Was 'Crushed' By His Wife Lilly Vilchez
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 01, 1993
- Vol. 39
- No. 4
Picks and Pans Review: Shifting Fortunes
NO SOONER HAD THE LATE-NIGHT DECISIONS been made than the self-referential gibes began. As The Tonight Show stagehands scurried about the set the night after NBC announced it would stick with Leno, he cracked, "It's amazing how quickly they move when you're the only thing they have left." Later he quieted the audience, hooting over a double entendre he made to Katie Couric, by bellowing, "Hey, I'm the King of Late Night now." The same night, Letterman, in the middle of his Top 10 list for best things about being a lame-duck President ("Don't have to kiss up to Larry King anymore"), slipped in one of his own: "Shows don't have to be very good until we get to CBS."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!