Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Man Charged in Bizarre 'Gone Girl' Kidnapping Allegedly Admitted to Acting Alone in 'Off the Record' Interview
- Read the Cover Story: The Kennedy Family's Darkest Secret
- Here's How You Can Get a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte Right Now
- Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Have Hilariously Different Ideas on What Makes for 'Perfectly Acceptable' Potty Training
- Princess Kate Set to 'Really Get Going' with Work, Says Palace Source
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 01, 1993
- Vol. 39
- No. 4
Whether on Mtv Sports or in Burger Ads, Dan Cortese Is All Gonzo Energy
Bo might have recognized a fellow athlete as well. Growing up outside Pittsburgh, the youngest of four children, Cortese played football and basketball at Quaker Valley High. (His dad, Vince, now retired, was principal; his mom, Marylou, is a seamstress.) He saw plenty of action on the football field at the University of North Carolina (he attended on a sports scholarship), but he also had eyes for showbiz. So Cortese studied film and TV production and had the good sense to work with an MTV crew that was sent to Chapel Hill to film a Janet Jackson concert. After graduating and moving to L.A., he got a job as production assistant with the video network—which led to the MTV Sports gig.
But now the 180-lb. six-footer, who lives in a split-level home in Pacific Palisades with his fiancée, aspiring actress Dee Dee Hemby, 24, has been drafted to star in an upcoming remake of that road-traveling classic, Route 66, for NBC (he'll juggle that and Sports). Given Cortese's cartoony verve, his acting should be animated. "Yesterday I was watching Bugs Bunny," he says, "and every time he got beat up, he went, 'Bbbbbbaaaaa!' I was doing that all day."
September 04, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!