Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM EW: Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks Reunite in Trailer for Her Directorial Debut Ithaca
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Enjoy Romantic Dinner Date in L.A. – Get the Details!
- President Obama Passes The Torch: 'Never A Man Or Woman – Not Me, Not Bill, Nobody – More Qualified Than Hillary Clinton'
- Tim Kaine Dedicates First Speech as VP Nominee to His Son Deployed With Marines: 'I Trust Hillary Clinton With Our Son's Life'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 01, 1993
- Vol. 39
- No. 4
Whether on Mtv Sports or in Burger Ads, Dan Cortese Is All Gonzo Energy
Bo might have recognized a fellow athlete as well. Growing up outside Pittsburgh, the youngest of four children, Cortese played football and basketball at Quaker Valley High. (His dad, Vince, now retired, was principal; his mom, Marylou, is a seamstress.) He saw plenty of action on the football field at the University of North Carolina (he attended on a sports scholarship), but he also had eyes for showbiz. So Cortese studied film and TV production and had the good sense to work with an MTV crew that was sent to Chapel Hill to film a Janet Jackson concert. After graduating and moving to L.A., he got a job as production assistant with the video network—which led to the MTV Sports gig.
But now the 180-lb. six-footer, who lives in a split-level home in Pacific Palisades with his fiancée, aspiring actress Dee Dee Hemby, 24, has been drafted to star in an upcoming remake of that road-traveling classic, Route 66, for NBC (he'll juggle that and Sports). Given Cortese's cartoony verve, his acting should be animated. "Yesterday I was watching Bugs Bunny," he says, "and every time he got beat up, he went, 'Bbbbbbaaaaa!' I was doing that all day."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!