Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Courtney Love and Frances Bean Cobain Share a Hug at Sundance
- The Style Top 5: A Look at a Sexy New Jeans Ad (Starring Adrian Grenier)
Kendall Jenner's Makeup Secret & More
- Lindsay Lohan Posts Racy Photo and Jokes About Her Untreatable Illness
- How Did JLo's Sexy Co-Star Sculpt His Washboard Abs?
- Go Behind-the-Scenes of the Sundance Film Festival!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday January 25, 2015 05:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 03, 1993
- Vol. 39
- No. 17
Jemison, 36, has long strived to go where few have gone before. Reared in Chicago, the youngest of three children of a teacher and a maintenance supervisor, she earned her chemical engineering degree at Stanford and her M.D. at Cornell. After 2½ years as a Peace Corps doctor in Africa and two years in private practice in L.A., she was accepted in NASA's training program in 1987, one of 15 chosen from nearly 2,000 applicants. Her mission now accomplished, Jemison quit NASA last March and plans to launch a company that will help bring advanced technology to underdeveloped countries. But even the full-blast, unmarried Houstonite needs to fire her retro-rockets occasionally. In late May she'll make a cameo appearance on Star Trek: The Next Generation, which is right in character. "Life is what your creator gave you for free," Jemison has said. "Style is what you do with it."
January 23, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!