Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,168 covers and 54,870 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- What's the One Group of Students Not Represented at Hogwarts? Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling offers a surprising answer
- Read the Cover Story: Family and Friends Remember Robin Williams
- 3 Chic Hair Looks for the PEOPLE Magazine Awards, Inspired by Jennifer Aniston and More!
- Teresa and Joe Giudice Are Not Getting Divorced
- President Obama: More Sports Stars Should Speak Out on Social Issues
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Thursday December 18, 2014 05:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 21, 1993
- Vol. 39
- No. 24
The Stars and Their Kids Have a Blast at the Pediatric Aids Picnic, Hollywood's Fun Fund-Raiser
Guests, who helped raise $1.25 million for pediatric AIDS research, found plenty to amuse themselves while wandering among the booths set up on the grounds of the former Robert Taylor estate in Brentwood. Yes, that was Warren Beatty manning the beanbag toss, and that was Sharon Stone orchestrating the hoopla at the basketball booth. Billy Crystal got shticky at the Wheel of Fortune and gave away all the winning tickets. "Here, kid," Crystal said to a pint-size player. "It's fixed."
Former junk-bond king Michael Milken showed a sense of humor about himself. "I would have liked to have been at past picnics," quipped Milken, who was released from prison last January after serving 22 months for securities crimes. "But I was detained elsewhere."
Speaking at a morning press conference, the smallest sufferers from AIDS kept the event focused on its purpose. Hydea Broadbent, 9, moved many to tears when she observed that most of her friends now live "in heaven." "It means a lot to me to know people are trying to keep us alive," said Joey DePaulo, 13, who is also infected with HIV. "I dream of the day when there will be no more pain and dying."
December 18, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!