Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sharon Osbourne Taking One-Month Break from The Talk After Collapsing
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Robert De Niro Gives Blunt, Funny, Inspiring Commencement Speech to Acting School Grads
- Chris Pratt Apologizes in Advance for Potential 'JurassicGate' and Misbehaving on Press Tour
- Kris Jenner Tries to Embarrass Daughters Kourtney and Kim Kardashian with a Throwback Pic of Their Model Poses
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 21, 1991
- Vol. 36
- No. 15
Mikhail Gorbachev's Job Is No Day at the Beach—Except When He Flees to the Dacha That Was Once His Prison
Ah, but what splendor. In keeping with Gorbachev's desire to administer a dose of capitalism to the Soviet economy, the compound would be the envy of any robber baron. For security reasons little has been disclosed about the precise physical details of the hideaway. But the estate, which is called Zarya ("Dawn"), is known to include a main house done in quasi-Scandinavian style—lots of wood and glass. There is also a guest house for visiting dignitaries and friends, plus a private screening room for movies. In some respects the estate resembles an exclusive spa. In addition to a large indoor pool, the Gorbachevs can go soak in a Jacuzzi. And if Mikhail and Raisa should ever invite George and Bar down for a weekend, they could play some comradely mixed doubles on the floodlit tennis courts. Zarya may be on the Black Sea, but it offers all the comforts of Kennebunk-port, and more.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!