Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- All About That Bump: Princess Kate's 'Glowing and Dainty' Pregnancy Look
- The Best Photos from the Week of Jan. 19- Jan. 25, 2015
- January Jones Wins 37th Birthday With Impressive Feast
- WATCH: Woman Caught on Camera Getting Up from Wheelchair to Rob Store
- Pretty Little Liars Star Keegan Allen: I Know Who 'A' Is ... and So Do You!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday January 27, 2015 08:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 21, 1991
- Vol. 36
- No. 15
Mikhail Gorbachev's Job Is No Day at the Beach—Except When He Flees to the Dacha That Was Once His Prison
Ah, but what splendor. In keeping with Gorbachev's desire to administer a dose of capitalism to the Soviet economy, the compound would be the envy of any robber baron. For security reasons little has been disclosed about the precise physical details of the hideaway. But the estate, which is called Zarya ("Dawn"), is known to include a main house done in quasi-Scandinavian style—lots of wood and glass. There is also a guest house for visiting dignitaries and friends, plus a private screening room for movies. In some respects the estate resembles an exclusive spa. In addition to a large indoor pool, the Gorbachevs can go soak in a Jacuzzi. And if Mikhail and Raisa should ever invite George and Bar down for a weekend, they could play some comradely mixed doubles on the floodlit tennis courts. Zarya may be on the Black Sea, but it offers all the comforts of Kennebunk-port, and more.
January 27, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!