Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sylvester Stallone Offered to Boycott This Year's Oscars Following Diversity Controversy
- Read the Cover Story: Amy Duggar King: I'm Doing It My Way
- FROM EW: Maroon 5 Reacts to Taraji P. Henson's Coldplay Super Bowl Mix-up: 'We Sounded Pretty Good!'
- 'Facebook Killer' Husband Who Posted Photo of Slain Wife on Social Media Sentenced to Life in Prison
- This Just In: HLN Host Lynn Smith Welcomes a Son – See His First Photo
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 09, 1991
- Vol. 36
- No. 22
Production Designer Anton Furst, Who Won An Oscar for Gotham City's Surreal Look, Leaps to a Tragic Death
Clearly there was another side. On Nov. 24 Furst, 47, leapt to his death from an L.A. parking garage about eight floors up. Police say a witness saw him jump. Furst reportedly had alcohol problems, and on Sunday he admitted himself to a hospital. Less than an hour later he inexplicably left, and soon after plunged off an adjacent garage. "It's just a shock," says Barish. "The last time I talked to him, three weeks ago, he was very enthused." Furst had a deal with Columbia Pictures for several projects, including a Michael Jackson movie. He was not working on the Batman sequel.
Furst, divorced, is survived by children Vanessa King, 26, and Nicholas, 20. Though good-humored, he could also be intense. "The moment you don't enter fully into something," he said of making Batman, "that's the time to give up."
February 08, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!