Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- KUWTK Recap: Kris Jenner Plans a Surprise Graduation Party for Kendall and Kylie
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Kobe Bryant Announces This Season Will Be His Last: Read His Emotional Good-Bye
- Caitlyn Jenner Gets Bangs! – See Her New Look
- John Legend Throws Chrissy Teigen a Birthday Bash at a Comedy Club – and Dave Chappelle Was There!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 09, 1991
- Vol. 36
- No. 22
Do the Rice Thing
They All Laughed When Hollywood Sat Down to Eat Poor—but It Did Raise $70,000 to Combat World Hunger
The Hollywood Hunger Banquet at a Sony Pictures soundstage, one of six fund-raisers around the country on Nov. 21, raised $70,000 for Oxfam America, a worldwide relief organization. It also provoked a flurry of media sneering about rich celebrities pretending to be poor for one night. "Some people will be cynical of the motives of people here, but that's such a cheap thing to do," said actor-musician Rubén Blades, who had drawn a green bead. "I remember in first grade in Panama, these CARE packages would come. We were struggling, and that milk and cheese really helped."
Emcee Mike (M*A*S*H) Farrell, arriving in a suitably modest shuttle van with wife Shelley Fabares, said, "We live in a society that only pays attention when celebrities show up."
Inside, Lou Diamond Phillips was trading down. When he drew a red bead from the basket, he tossed it back and fished out a green one. "I was raised on rice in the Philippines, so this is kind of a treat for me," he said later. Still, Fawn Hall, picking at her rice, was heard to muse about a former employer. "At least the Pentagon," she said, "had forks."
November 26, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!