Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jeremy Piven: The Most Important Person in My Entourage Is …
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- From EW: See All the Winners from the iHeartRadio Music Awards!
- Mariah Carey and Brett Ratner Stroll Arm-in-Arm in St. Barts After Denying Their Romance
- We're Dye-ing Over these Easter Egg Designs
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 23, 1991
- Vol. 36
- No. 24
A Soiree Situation
Sinking Beneath a Seasonal Blizzard of Invitations, Hollywood Parties, Protests and Toasts a Birthday—All on a Single Night
At the Directors Guild of America on Dec. 4, Steven Spielberg took a break from hyping Hook to join with Jodie Foster, George Lucas, Sean Penn and other behind-the-camera types for talk about exorcising some artistic demons: colorization, altered sound tracks and other TV tampering with their works.
There was no time for too much indignation, though, since several of the guests, including superagent Michael Ovitz, had to hurry across town to the Beverly Hilton, where Lilly (Mrs. Brandon) Tartikoff was hosting her annual black-tie Fire & Ice Ball fund-raiser for the Revlon/ UCLA Women's Cancer Research Program. Among those on hand there: Candice Bergen, Kirstie Alley, Roger Moore and Sean Young.
Meanwhile, at the Beverly Hills restaurant Jimmy's, Robert Wagner, Tori Spelling and 200 others were singing "Happy Birthday" to Monica Seles, the 18-year-old tennis star who has been hinting of a move to L.A. to study acting. "I hope this is where my future will be," Seles confirmed. Which makes sense—if she can volley small talk as well as she does tennis balls.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!