Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Lucy Kalanithi on Her Neurosurgeon Husband's Heartbreaking, Bestselling Memoir – And on Losing Him to Lung Cancer at 37
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Dad Alive
- Deadpool Star Brianna Hildebrand Admits She Once Had Major Crush on Ryan Reynolds: I 'Photoshopped Myself Into a Picture with Him'
- Amazing Race's Joslyn Davis and Erin Robinson Blog About 'Full-Blown Sprint to Mexico City' in Premiere
- Wounded U.S. Marine Kirstie Ennis Shares the (Hilarious) Words She Expects to Hear from Prince Harry at Invictus Games
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 30, 1991
- Vol. 36
- No. 25
Cool Hand with Killer Sideburns, TV's Teen Turn-On Is 90210's Hottest Number
Hmm. Could that lone tree be a metaphor for his bachelor state? Perhaps. But Perry—who has been dating, among others, furniture salesperson Rachel Sharp, 22—is already basking in plenty of sunshine. "When I look back on 1991, I'm gonna have to squint," says the guy with the narrowest gaze since Eastwood, "because it's been a pretty bright year."
Meteoric, in fact. A year ago, he was just one of a dozen youthful unknowns on a low-rated Fox Network show, with his pal Jason Priestley sitting at the head of the 90210 class. Then came his prom-night seduction (of Shannen Doherty's Brenda) and Perry—as rebel-with-a-past Dylan McKay—was king of West Beverly Hills High. Those steamy moments also helped 90210 secure its spot as the most watched prime-time series among teens—which in turn enabled Fox to put the heat on the Big Three. For Perry, rewards came quickly: He now has a two-movie deal with Fox and a contract with superagency CAA.
Fortunately, the Luke-fest hasn't yet ruffled 90210's other young egos. When Madonna was honored for her crusade against AIDS with an AmFAR award earlier this month, she chose Perry as her presenter—replacing Liz Taylor, who was ill. "The whole cast and crew sent him off with lots of hooting and hollering," says 90210 producer Paul Waigner. "Everyone was so happy for him."
None happier than Perry himself, though he sometimes frets about his loss of privacy. "It's crazy for me right now, man," he says, with a hint of exasperation. As for 1992...chances are he still won't be enjoying any solitary trips to the shopping mall.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!