Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Clingy Tortoise Stalks Pit Bull Crush All Over the Yard (VIDEO)
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- The Walking Dead Recap: Meet Deanna Monroe
- Read the Cover Story: Meet Kelly Clarkson's Baby Girl!
- Which Downton Characters Need to Hook Up? Joanne Froggatt Weighs In
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 23, 1992
- Vol. 37
- No. 11
U Too May C U2
U2 Launches Its Zoo TV Tour—Its First U.S. Outing in Years—As An Un-Sunny Bono Bops "Pop Kids"
The set wasn't the only thing that has changed about U2; the music was new too (not to mention the idea of selling $1.50 condoms that read ACHTUNG BABY to benefit an AIDS charity). Bono (Paul Hewson), guitarist the Edge (Dave Evans), 30, bassist Adam Clayton, 32, and drummer Larry Mullen Jr., 30, concentrated on music from their latest album, Achtung Baby, which has sold almost 7 million copies, and played only a sampling of past hits, including "Pride (in the Name of Love)" and "Desire." Asked if he worried that the absence of more familiar tunes might alienate fans, Bono told MTV: "We might lose some of the pop kids, but we don't need them."
Bono may be right. In Lakeland, Fla., first stop on the 31-city tour, 6,000 tickets had sold out in four minutes. In Boston the flood of calls to a special toll-free ticket number for a March 17 concert temporarily knocked AT&T's 1-800 phone system out of orbit.
"Bono is just so intelligent," gushed Rebecca Largent, 21, who drove six hours from Mississippi to the Atlanta concert. "This is real music that you'll be able to look back on in 20 years and say, 'Yes, I like this.' "
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!