Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Robin Williams's Friends and Family Remember His Legacy
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- PHOTOS: Sharon Stone Spotted Kissing David DeLuise
- New Target Ad Features Adorable Toddler with Down Syndrome
- The Best Celeb Food Photos of the Week From Jenny & Donnie, Blake & More
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday December 20, 2014 06:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 04, 1992
- Vol. 37
- No. 17
Honey, I Soaked the Kids
Laughing All the Way, a Very Wet Diana Makes a Holiday Splash with Sons William and Harry
Diana and the Princes shrieked happily as they braved such stomach-churning rides as Logger's Leap. After getting drenched on a water slide, Di "dissolved into tears of laughter," as one bystander put it. "They looked as if they were having a smashing time," said another parkgoer. "I just wonder why Charles didn't come."
In fact, the Prince spent the same morning at Windsor Castle, where the family gathered, and then saw the Queen Mum at nearby Royal Lodge. Sniped the Sunday Mirror: "That was as much excitement as he could handle."
Aside from Di's outing, levity was in short supply chez Windsor: A somber Andrew was on hand, but the errant Fergie (who apparently reclaimed Bea and Eugenie after they visited) was absent. On Sunday, the family (including prospective divorcée Anne) were on best behavior at St. George's Chapel. Following Di's example, even rambunctious Wills proved a trooper. As the Queen Mum, 91, reached the deanery steps, he gallantly offered her his arm.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!