Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Eric Paslay Marries Natalie Harker
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Suki Waterhouse and James Marsden Grab Dinner Together in LA
- Controversial Artist Debuts New Painting of Pregnant Princess Kate Outside St. Mary's Hospital (PHOTO)
- Soleil Moon Frye: Mila and Ashton's Daughter Is 'Absolutely Beautiful'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 04, 1992
- Vol. 37
- No. 17
('byüt-E)n, the Quality or Aggregate of Qualities in a Person or Thing That Gives Pleasure to the Senses or Pleasureably Exalts the Mind or Spirit
But let's not kid ourselves; what's outside rates too. Beauty isn't everything, but it's a foot in the door. No matter how much the world values depth and sensitivity, whose head isn't turned by a mane of fabulous hair, a sparkling eye, even a well-turned ankle? (We're not kidding—see Iman, page 110.)
With that in mind, meet the 50 fantastic faces who made us do double takes this year. Some of our choices are perennials: Can anybody quibble with the divine Mel Gibson or the magical Michelle Pfeiffer? Others are new and intriguing: mambo king and Spanish heartthrob Antonio Banderas and exuberant young actress Halle Berry. Still others are Hall of Fame stunners who, because of a blissful life event, are suddenly sporting a new glow: Consider fresh-from-the-altar Elizabeth Taylor (newly 60) and Warren Beatty (newly 55).
So if there is a '90s version of Billy Crystal's slogan, it's this: If you feel good, you look better. All of us, heavenly or homely, can aspire to that much at least. For a look at the lucky 50 who have managed to give pleasure to our senses, read on.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!