Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Taylor Swift Transitions to Fall Fashion During a Night on the Town in NYC with Pals Cara Delevingne and Lorde
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Shannen Doherty Shares Emotional Wedding Flashback Post on Instagram: 'I Would Walk Any Path With This Man'
- WATCH: An Exclusive First Look at Hamilton Star Daveed Diggs' Guest-Starring Role on Black-ish
- Mother of Indiana Woman Charged with Murdering Two Children Says She's 'Evil': 'We Thought She Was Crazy'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 04, 1992
- Vol. 37
- No. 17
('byüt-E)n, the Quality or Aggregate of Qualities in a Person or Thing That Gives Pleasure to the Senses or Pleasureably Exalts the Mind or Spirit
But let's not kid ourselves; what's outside rates too. Beauty isn't everything, but it's a foot in the door. No matter how much the world values depth and sensitivity, whose head isn't turned by a mane of fabulous hair, a sparkling eye, even a well-turned ankle? (We're not kidding—see Iman, page 110.)
With that in mind, meet the 50 fantastic faces who made us do double takes this year. Some of our choices are perennials: Can anybody quibble with the divine Mel Gibson or the magical Michelle Pfeiffer? Others are new and intriguing: mambo king and Spanish heartthrob Antonio Banderas and exuberant young actress Halle Berry. Still others are Hall of Fame stunners who, because of a blissful life event, are suddenly sporting a new glow: Consider fresh-from-the-altar Elizabeth Taylor (newly 60) and Warren Beatty (newly 55).
So if there is a '90s version of Billy Crystal's slogan, it's this: If you feel good, you look better. All of us, heavenly or homely, can aspire to that much at least. For a look at the lucky 50 who have managed to give pleasure to our senses, read on.
September 28, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!