Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Prom Queen! Wisconsin Teen with Painful Disease Gets Her Last Dance Before She Decides to End Her Life
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- Olympic Officials Will Not Ban Russian Athletes Following Doping Scandal
- Bernie Sanders Calls for Democratic Leader to Step Down Following Email Leaks: 'She Should Resign, Period'
- Kim Kardashian Raps Along to THAT Kanye Lyric About Taylor Swift After Epic Feud
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 04, 1992
- Vol. 37
- No. 17
"I have more leeway on the show than most characters," agrees Corbett, 30. "I've worn long hair, headbands, glasses, beards, even a goatee." Reinventing himself is nothing new for Corbett. In the mid-'80s he was working in a California steel factory with his father when a load of pipes fell on his back. The injury led to a hair-raising career switch—from boilermaker to bouffantmaker—as he used the insurance settlement to study cosmetology by day and acting at night. Eventually, doing scenes beat doing perms, and Corbett snagged over 50 commercials before becoming one of Northern's half-baked Alaskans.
The Wheeling, W.Va., native now shuttles between Washington State, where the show is filmed, and L.A. "Getting married, having a family—that's way down on the list of things I want to do right now," says Corbett. Instead he's content to tool around in his '67 Porsche, play percussion in a new-age jazz band and date women based on their metaphysical fitness. "It's just a feeling you get from someone. People put out a certain vibe that is either good or bad." His own waves are decidedly mellow.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!