Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Did Tyga Get a Tattoo for Kylie Jenner?
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Ice Dancers Charlie White and Tanith Belbin Say 'I Do'
- Watch 4-Year-Old Heaven King Do the Nae Nae with Her Own Tiny Dance Crew (VIDEO)
- Bruce Jenner Is on a 'Mission' to Help People Who Face Discrimination: Source
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 04, 1992
- Vol. 37
- No. 17
The bachelor's own appeal owes as much to genes as to jeans. "Everyone in my family is good-looking," says the California native. "When I was young, I always felt like the ugly duckling. My brothers were tall, and I was very short." Now he's 5'11" and supremely self-confident. Henderson, who quit premed because of "boredom," attended New York City's Parsons School of Design and then apprenticed to Calvin Klein, who taught him "to create clothes for the ideal American woman." He launched his own line, priced in the $100-$400 range, in 1989 and the next year added the less expensive But Gordon collection (named after customers who complained, "But Gordon, I need it tomorrow!"). The reviews and revenues are anything but sew-sew. Klein praises Henderson's "young, exciting" designs, which last year sold $6 million worth and were snapped up by clients such as Phoebe Cates and Jennifer Grey.
"There is always an element of the unexpected in beauty," Henderson muses. "What I look for is inner confidence, a sense of style rather than the outer shell."
April 25, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!