Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Marriage Boot Camp: Hank Baskett Forgives the Model Who 'Made His Private Life Very Public'
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- 7-Year-Old Leukemia Patient Restricted to His Home Surprised with Special Backyard Makeover
- Coco Austin on Her Pregnancy Cravings: 'I Fantasize About Fruit'
- Parents' Day Out! Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel Step Out Sans Son Silas
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
California born, Gabby took up her sport as a 10th grader. She won an athletic scholarship to FSU and in 1988 began modeling. Reece's athleticism (her size 11s can generate a 22-inch vertical leap) distinguishes her from most models, but those 75 sinuous inches are occasionally a bother, like in movie theaters. "The minute I sit in my seat," she concedes, "I crouch down so the people behind me don't freak out." But they also give her a good fix on the opposite sex. "I can tell right away what's up by the way a man responds to my size," she says. "If he treats me like a normal person, then I know he's pretty secure. But if he acts funny, then generally that's a person I'd like to avoid anyway."
Some things are unavoidable. At FSU, Reece once failed to dodge an opponent's spike; her nose was so bloodied that the ref whistled her off the floor. Why risk the meal ticket for paltry prize money? "With modeling, your whole identity is measured by how many magazines you're in," she says. "I don't want anything to do with that." Besides, she adds, playing beach volleyball, "you get your butt in the sand, and you tend to lose weight."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!