Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,190 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- A Twihard's Dream! New Twilight Novel Features Gender-Swapped Tale of Beau and Edyth
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Donald Trump and Family!
- New York City Hospital Worker Found Dead After Being Locked in a Bathroom for 5 Days
- Happy 5th Birthday, Instagram! 5 Insta Stars Pick 5 Accounts You Need to Follow
- Boo! Rita Ora and Travis Barker Step Out for Spooky Date Night
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
California born, Gabby took up her sport as a 10th grader. She won an athletic scholarship to FSU and in 1988 began modeling. Reece's athleticism (her size 11s can generate a 22-inch vertical leap) distinguishes her from most models, but those 75 sinuous inches are occasionally a bother, like in movie theaters. "The minute I sit in my seat," she concedes, "I crouch down so the people behind me don't freak out." But they also give her a good fix on the opposite sex. "I can tell right away what's up by the way a man responds to my size," she says. "If he treats me like a normal person, then I know he's pretty secure. But if he acts funny, then generally that's a person I'd like to avoid anyway."
Some things are unavoidable. At FSU, Reece once failed to dodge an opponent's spike; her nose was so bloodied that the ref whistled her off the floor. Why risk the meal ticket for paltry prize money? "With modeling, your whole identity is measured by how many magazines you're in," she says. "I don't want anything to do with that." Besides, she adds, playing beach volleyball, "you get your butt in the sand, and you tend to lose weight."
October 06, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!