Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,168 covers and 54,870 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Stephen Fishbach's Survivor Blog: How the Sole Survivor Won the Game
- Read the Cover Story: Family and Friends Remember Robin Williams
- FIRST LOOK: Boston Marathon Bombing Survivor Finds Dream Wedding Dress
- Judge Exonerates 14-Year-Old Boy Who Was Executed 70 Years Ago
- Watch the Merriest, Most Musical Christmas Prank Ever (VIDEO)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Thursday December 18, 2014 10:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 04, 1992
- Vol. 37
- No. 17
Ward prepped for her role by growing up with three sibs in real life. In addition, she says, "God gave me a gift in terms of being an attractive woman. How's that for diplomacy?" Not needed: She was voted most beautiful at Meridien (Miss.) High School and homecoming queen at the University of Alabama, then modeled for six years before taking up acting. Yet, says costar Patricia Kalember, "I don't see her running to makeup all the time."
In fact, Ward, who feels "being attractive is a double-edged sword," works out daily, Retin-A's her complexion thrice weekly and indulges in a monthly facial. "My life is so fast-paced that I'm really good at being good to myself," says Ward, who weds L.A. restaurateur Howard Sherman, 37, this month. "I've never forgotten this guy in high school who said, 'When I look at you, I think of a long-stemmed rose.' " With a talent for playing thorny women.
December 18, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!