Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,186 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Bobby Brown Leaves Bobbi Kristina's Bedside to Dote on Pregnant Wife (PHOTOS)
- Read the Cover Story: Growing Up Kennedy!
Exclusive Family Photos from White House Nanny
- Pennsylvania Thieves Accidentally Uploaded Photos of Themselves to Cloud After Stealing Cell Phone: Cops
- Blake Lively Isn't a Blonde Anymore, She's a 'Bronde:' See Her New Hue!
- Bill Cosby Scandal: His Accusers Tell Their Stories to PEOPLE
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
But as Schenkenberg's girlfriend, model Maureen Gallagher, 26, says, "Women have been looking at T&A so long, it's nice to see some abs and pecs for a change." In fact, before meeting him last year, she confides, "I'd been carrying around this picture of a guy's body for six months, which was really upsetting to my boyfriend at the time. The picture was of Marcus."
Schenkenberg, born to Dutch parents in Stockholm, takes the European view of skin: "No big deal at all. In Sweden they show sex scenes on TV, but they don't want to show violence. Here it's the opposite." Growing up tall (he's now 6'3") yet scrawny, he credits his high school basketball coach for starting him in weight training. By the time Schenkenberg arrived in Los Angeles in 1987 "to get some life experience and learn English," he was sufficiently hunky to be snapped by a photographer while roller skating along Venice Beach. A modeling contract soon followed.
For all his worldliness, Schenkenberg can be modest out of camera range. "I was embarrassed to show the [Calvin] pictures to my mom," he admits. "They are kind of wild and racy. But she just told me how happy and proud she and my dad were." True beauty, he adds, is "my girlfriend and Swedish summers."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!