Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- How Making a Murderer's Steven Avery Fell in Love Behind Bars: New Fiancée Says, 'It Was Just Like Magic'
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- WATCH: Eric Dyches Starts Center for Moms with Postpartum Depression in Memory of his Wife
- Stephen Fishbach's Survivor Blog: Timing Is Everything
- Princess Kate's $385 Cowboy Boots Are Not the Royal Re-Wear They Appear
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
"My mom was big on self-image," says Berry, raised in Cleveland by her mother after Dad left when Halle was 4. "I wasn't looked to as a beauty—Vicky Kunkle was the class bombshell." But Berry became a "pageant person" (titles include Miss USA runner-up). "Pageants exploitative? Baloney. I learned to be a good winner—and a good loser. Which helps my acting; every day I face rejection." Not lately. Yet Berry knows "you can lose a part if your butt's too big or your hair's too curly. But you become miserable if all you do is worry about your looks. I'm a little hippy now, and that's fine with me."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!