Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Bryan Cranston, Susan Lucci and More React to All My Children Creator Agnes Nixon's Death
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Donald Trump on Alicia Machado's Miss Universe Reign: 'I Saved Her Job'
- José Fernández's Pregnant Girlfriend Maria Arias Makes First Public Appearance Since His Death at Memorial Service
- Utah Man Allegedly Held Teen in Shed For Six Weeks, Forcing Her to Perform Sex Acts for Food and Water
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 04, 1992
- Vol. 37
- No. 17
He can move it thanks to his mother, a dance teacher, and Rudolf Nureyev, with whom he worked for four years at the Paris Opera Ballet. The New York Times has applauded his "beautifully pliant feet and moody intensity." Adds ABT ballerina Cynthia Harvey: "Onstage, Guillaume is a real man. He responds brilliantly—he looks at you, and you're convinced you're it." Monaco's Princess Caroline was similarly moved in 1986 when she appointed him premier danseur of the Ballets de Monte Carlo. In 1988 Graffin shifted to the Manhattan-based ABT, where he has starred in works ranging from Mikhail Baryshnikov's staging of Swan Lake to modern pieces by Twyla Tharp.
"I learned a great deal from Nureyev and Misha—strong-tempered men who know what they want," says Graffin. He hopes one day to follow them into acting, but for now, ABT and his girlfriend, dancer Nina Goldman, fill his hours. "We dancers spend most of our time in front of the mirror seeking to improve our line, striving for perfection," he reflects. "Inevitably you become self-centered." Spoken like a true jeté-setter.
September 28, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!