Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- How Cancer Survivor Anthony Daniels Saved Other Patients' Lives as He Tried to Save His Own
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Candace Cameron Bure Talks Fuller House's Female Empowerment
- Heath Ledger's Father Recalls Family's Last, Ominous Conversation with Him: 'He Was Warned' About Prescription Drugs
- Tune In to See How Many Animals 'Clear the Shelters' Saved this Year
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 04, 1992
- Vol. 37
- No. 17
The Methodist minister's daughter from Stephens, Ark., now living with her husband and two children in Switzerland, has had 43 years to think about face value: "You like tea, I like coffee—if there were just one definition of beauty, then the rest of us could stay home," she says. "When I was little, I thought Lena Home was one of the most beautiful people. She still is. I also think the life that's in a face gives beauty to it, like Lauren Bacall or Katharine Hepburn or Marian Anderson. But the concern with physical beauty is, in the end, searching for love. People are seldom loved because they have a perfect nose. When a man tells me I'm beautiful, I enjoy it. Then I wait for him to say, 'And you're so intelligent....' "
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!