Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Blade Runner Sequel Suffers Fatal Set Accident, Construction Worker Dies at 28
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- WATCH: Tamra Judge Stirs the Pot Following Heather Dubrow and Kelly Dodd's Dinner Party Blow Up
- 10 Things You Never Knew About Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Shoots
- Surprise! Pinterest Inspired Jessica Alba's '60s-Inspired Cat Eye Look
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 04, 1992
- Vol. 37
- No. 17
In 1990 Iman refocused her goals in an attempt to move her acting career beyond cameos in films such as Out of Africa and Star Trek VI and a kissing scene with Michael Jackson in his Remember the Time video. Of modeling, she now observes, "From when I was a teenager, the standard for beauty has changed so much." What hasn't changed is her belief that beauty "is a state of mind. If you're bitter or jealous, you won't be beautiful. If you're happy, you will be."
And happy she is. Next month Iman, 36, will wed rock war-horse David Bowie, 45, in a no-frills outdoor ceremony on the Caribbean isle of Mustique. Once divorced and already the mother of daughter Zuhleka, 13, does she crave more children? "I'm an old woman," says Iman. "But I'll try to squeeze one in." Bowie describes his intended's "overwhelming beauty" as "a smoky blend of Sophia Loren and Audrey Hepburn." He's already given her the tribute of a 10.5-carat canary diamond; she has honored him by having a Bowie knife tattooed on her right ankle. "My life is good," Iman declares. Not to mention Ixhilarating.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!