Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- High Five, Low Five ... No Five: Prince George Leaves Justin Trudeau Hanging During Canada Visit
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Genius German Shepherd Plots Her Escape From California Animal Shelter
- Julie Bowen Explains Why Her Husband Was Not at the Emmys: 'It's Tough to Be a Purse Holder'
- The Countess Did It! Sophie Wessex Arrives at Buckingham Palace after 450-mile Bike Ride
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 04, 1992
- Vol. 37
- No. 17
In 1990 Iman refocused her goals in an attempt to move her acting career beyond cameos in films such as Out of Africa and Star Trek VI and a kissing scene with Michael Jackson in his Remember the Time video. Of modeling, she now observes, "From when I was a teenager, the standard for beauty has changed so much." What hasn't changed is her belief that beauty "is a state of mind. If you're bitter or jealous, you won't be beautiful. If you're happy, you will be."
And happy she is. Next month Iman, 36, will wed rock war-horse David Bowie, 45, in a no-frills outdoor ceremony on the Caribbean isle of Mustique. Once divorced and already the mother of daughter Zuhleka, 13, does she crave more children? "I'm an old woman," says Iman. "But I'll try to squeeze one in." Bowie describes his intended's "overwhelming beauty" as "a smoky blend of Sophia Loren and Audrey Hepburn." He's already given her the tribute of a 10.5-carat canary diamond; she has honored him by having a Bowie knife tattooed on her right ankle. "My life is good," Iman declares. Not to mention Ixhilarating.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!