Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Walking Dead Recap: Meet Deanna Monroe
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs,
Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Which Downton Characters Need to Hook Up? Joanne Froggatt Weighs In
- No One Puts Beagle in a Corner – Not Even Roombas (VIDEO)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 04, 1992
- Vol. 37
- No. 17
Emilio, 26, downplays "physical beauty, which can start something—but that impact fades, like a frame in a movie. I have to like the whole movie, not just one frame. In Spain we have an expression: When the river sounds, water comes. If people say you have nice eyes, everyone thinks you have nice eyes. I think I got nicer looking once I became famous. Someone with the same face and body who isn't famous would not get noticed.''
Sanchez has been getting noticed since he picked up a racket at age 9, after his parents made tennis the family sport. (Brother Javier, 24, is ranked 34th in the world.) Emilio turned pro in 1984 and teamed with two different partners to win French Open doubles titles in 1988 and 1990. Considered one of his country's most eligible bachelors, he's "in love" with a Barcelonan but still far from match point. Citing the grind of the tour as a factor, Sanchez says, "I'm not in a hurry to marry. Like a lot of Spaniards, I'm formal—but I have my own ways also." Outstanding singles players usually do.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!