Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: See Joanna Krupa's Egg-Retrieval Procedure
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- It's Another Girl for Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell!
- Which Former Boy Band Member Will Compete on The Amazing Race?
- Kim Kardashian Wore Fur-Lined Strappy Stilettos, and Yes, There are Photos
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday December 20, 2014 04:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 04, 1992
- Vol. 37
- No. 17
The skater knows she wasn't asked to endorse products from Danskins to Diet Coke or become a CBS Winter Games analyst merely for her ability to skate 6.0s. But, notes Witt, "beauty didn't put me on that [winner's] pedestal. Being good-looking has taken away from the things I've worked hard at." Bushy of brow and pouty of lip (once, she recalls, "somebody told me I looked like Brooke Shields"), the East German native, now 26, has cooled off suitors like Donald Trump and just helped jail a lovelorn schizophrenic who'd pursued her across two continents. Today, she says, "I think I'm in love." Witt is coy about naming names, but no one else is: He's Richard Dean (MacGyver) Anderson, 42, himself an avid hockey fan. Two soulmates on ice? "What's beautiful is when you meet someone and, wow, you feel something coming from them," she says. "Sometimes I express my feelings better on the ice. I don't know what you call it in English, but our word for it is Ausstrahlung." That translates as "charisma," a word to which Witt is no stranger.
December 19, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!