Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,168 covers and 54,870 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Pope Francis Celebrates His 78th Birthday with Cake and Tango
- Read the Cover Story: Family and Friends Remember Robin Williams
- Texas Girl with Condition Causing Insatiable Hunger Loses Nearly 60 Lbs.
- Serial Has Ended, and the Internet Is Not Happy
- San Francisco 49ers Drop Ray McDonald Amid Sexual Assault Investigation
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Thursday December 18, 2014 07:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 04, 1992
- Vol. 37
- No. 17
That may be, but an attention-grabbing first name fit for a movie star came not from central casting but from great-grandfather Stonewall Jackson Phillips. Stone himself moved north into Yankee territory to attend Yale (class of 1977), where he was both a philosophy major and quarterback of the football team. Then came a stint at an Atlanta TV station and 12 years at ABC News, including 5½ on 20/20, where he made his mark as an investigative reporter. Phillips, wife Debra, 35, and son Streeter, 4, now live comfortably on his reported $2.8 million, four-year contract. "If [looks] keep me in prime time, baby, hello, Hollywood!" he jokes. Referring to the current major-network anchors, Phillips adds, "Look at Peter and Tom and Dan. All three are very attractive. But you've got to be able to do it. If you can't do it, it's going to be goodbye, Charlie."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!