Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- RHONYC: 'Tough' Carole Radziwill Breaks Down When She Returns to London to Pick Up Her Late Husband's Ashes
- Read the Cover Story: Inside Blake & Miranda's Shocking Split
- FROM SI: Devon Still Shares That His Daughter Leah's Cancer Is Still in Remission
- The NFL Upholds Tom Brady's 4-Game "Deflategate" Suspension
- Demi Lovato's Beloved Dog Buddy Dies in Tragic Accident
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 04, 1992
- Vol. 37
- No. 17
After winning two golds at Calgary in 1988, he drank a little too much Lambrusco, ate a little too much tortellini and found himself with a pasta belly. A trainer prescribed a diet heavy on steak and protein drinks; vanity did the rest. Tomba's 190-lb. physique (down from 206) not only worked better on the slopes but also looked better on the beach. His mind-set changed too: "I think more about skiing than having fun now." The strategy paid off; he brought home two more medals from the Winter Games in Albertville (or "Alberto-ville," as he rechristenedit).
When not on the slopes or promoting the carabinieri (the national police force, of which he's a vice-brigadiere) or racking up some million dollars a year in endorsements, Tomba dreams of a Hollywood career. The son of a successful Bolognese dress merchant is a bit slipperier in the girlfriend department, though there is Martina Colombari, the reigning Miss Italy. His idea of beauty is simple: "It's beautiful to be famous," he has said. "I have never understood those champions who proclaim themselves nauseated by the crowd, upset by the invasion of fans. Why should I be afraid of those who wish me well?"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!