Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,185 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kylie Jenner Gives Fans a Peek at Her $2.7 Million Home – and Her Toned Tummy – in Latest Selfie
- The Best Photos from the Week of June 22- June 29, 2015
- Pregnant Woman Gives Birth in California Wilderness and Fights Off Swarm of Bees After Getting Stranded
- '#LetsGoGirls': Twitter Cheers as USA Advances to the Women's World Cup Finals
- Seventh Black Church Goes Up in Flames Following Charleston Massacre
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 11, 1992
- Vol. 37
- No. 18
Happy Birthday, Barbra!
Streisand Celebrates Her First 50 Years, and Hollywood's Mightiest—including Her Various Exes—turn Out with the Kids for Some Fun
THE CASTLELIKE SETTING HAD Cinderella trappings, but a more filling motif for Barbra Streisand's 50th birthday might have been Babs in Toyland. Though Oscar had snubbed her a month earlier, some 300 friends and their 100 children celebrated Barbra Streisand's first half century on April 25 in a style extravagant even by Hollywood standards. Her ex-beau, coiffeur-turned-producer Jon Peters, transformed his 12-acre Beverly Hills estate into a veritable fantasyland complete with still walkers, fire-eaters, face painters (Streisand opted for a rose on her right ankle), a circus elephant for the offspring to ride, and Peters's own menagerie of pigs, horses, goats and peacocks.
At dusk, after feasting on some common-folk fare (hamburgers, hot dogs and popcorn), marquee guests, including Frank Sinatra, Goldie Hawn, Meryl Streep, Warren Beatty and Annette Bening (with 4-month-old daughter Kathlyn), trilled "Happy Birthday" and laid seige to a three-foot-high castle of a cake. Budget for the bash? $200,000-plus, by one estimate.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!