Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Tyler Baltierra Chooses Filming Teen Mom OG Over Relationship with Daughter Carly and Her Adoptive Parents
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- The Final Five's MTV VMAs Dresses Are Nearly as Sparkly as Their Olympic Leotards
- Catfish's Nev Schulman Nuzzles Fiancpée's Bare Baby Belly on MTV VMAs Red Carpet
- Let Us See Your Halo! Beyoncé Is an Angel in Wings and $12.5 Million in Diamonds at VMAs
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 08, 1992
- Vol. 37
- No. 22
Jeepers, Veepers: Meet the Infant Who Became a National Issue
The $125 that dainty Danica earned for her splashy series debut on May 18 hardly makes a dent in the $30,000 IVK costs, which also included reimbursing Miller for missed work time. But money wasn't a factor in the decision to audition. "We did it for the fun of it," says Alice. "If it went somewhere, fine. But I never thought it would take off like this." During taping, three sets of twins were at the ready, thanks to child labor laws and most babies' mercurial dispositions, and the producers were set to shoot all day. But Danica, the first baby chosen, nailed the postpartum scene. Here she charismatically cuddled up to her new mom in bed while Murphy cooed "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman."
"They liked Danica because she moved her arms and squealed," says her proud mother, adding, "It's just been a trip. Danica has been on the news constantly. She has gotten more publicity than Johnny Carson." And just like Johnny, her showbiz career now may be over. "Murphy had a boy," notes Alice, "so they're not going to be calling us again."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!