Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Meet Target's Only Plus-Size Male Model Zach Miko: 'I Wouldn't Have Had the Confidence If It Wasn't for My Wife'
- Read the Cover Story: How Blake Shelton Is Moving On After Split
- Drew Barrymore: 'I Am Who I Am, and I Just Don't Have a Bikini Body!'
- Oprah Winfrey's Hair Guru Andre Walker Tells All (Including What Look She'll Never Do)
- How Gray Is Rob Lowe, Really? 'Look, Rob Lowe's Getting Grayer. His Characters Are Not'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 08, 1992
- Vol. 37
- No. 22
A Home of Her Own
An Emotional Fergie Starts Over in Style
Many in Britain, though, weren't feeling much sympathy. Although Fergie had botched her royal role, editorial writers carped, the Crown—hence, the taxpayer—will now keep her in style on the dole. Harrumphed the newspaper Today: "A nation struggling to make ends meet in a recession has to cough up for the extravagance of the Yorks' failed marriage."
Indeed, the separated Sarah Ferguson will suffer few privations. Five miles from Sunninghill Park, the garish $9 million house she shared with Andrew, her new digs are tasteful and luxurious, according to codesigner Nina Campbell. Bubbled Campbell: "It's a very country house, but with style." Certainly pin money won't be a problem. According to a settlement about to be finalized, Fergie will receive a reported $5,400 a week and 30 percent in the event of the sale of Sunninghill Park; the Queen will also cover $450,000 in checking overdrafts Fergie has made throughout her marriage. In return, Sarah must agree to curb her expenses, say no to freebies and promise not to write a kiss-and-tell-all memoir.
Tears aside, Fergie is reportedly delighted by the financial agreement. And added to the Palace payoff is the deal her agents are negotiating to turn her Budgie children's books into a TV cartoon series with merchandising spin-offs—a move expected to net an astonishing $5.4 million. She may have a problem with some of the royals, but the Duchess knows all she needs to know about royalties.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!