Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Why Bruce Jenner Prefers to Go by Male Pronouns – for the Time Being
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Shane West: 'Angelina Jolie Can Put a Spell on Me Anytime'
- Prince William Takes a Break from the Royal Baby Watch to Attend a Solemn Ceremony with the Queen
- What Recently Got Bloodline Star Kyle Chandler to Bust a Move?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 19, 1990
- Vol. 34
- No. 20
Johnson, 33, arrived on the West Coast three years ago from New York City, where she had worked as a reporter for PEOPLE since 1983. Born in Danbury, Conn., she has a journalistic role model in her newspaperman father, William Oscar Johnson, who moved the family from Baltimore to Minneapolis to Boston and finally to New York City, where he is a senior writer at SPORTS ILLUSTRATED. After co-editing her Germantown, N.Y., high school yearbook, Johnson tackled Vassar College as an English major. She spent a few low-impact years running a beach bar-restaurant on a five-acre island near Tortola, British Virgin Islands, before working in advertising production at Dance magazine in Manhattan.
Keeping Pacific Standard Time has meant some adjustments. In a nutshell: "In L.A. you drive," she says. "In New York you are driven." Johnson has shifted gears smoothly. "Tina's a gifted conversationalist and interviewer," says L.A. bureau chief Jack Kelley. "She can draw people out without making them feel they've been grilled." Johnson finds it a most satisfying pursuit. "You get to take people off their pedestals," she says. "Like with Kevin—it's nice to discover he's just the cowboy next door."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!