Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Bachelor: Women Tell All Recap: Britt Is a Beautiful Crier and Kelsey Explains Why Her Story Is So 'Amazing'
- The Best Photos from the Week of Feb. 23- Mar. 1, 2015
- One In a Million: Parents Take Home Two Sets of Identical Twin Girls
- Meryl Streep's Daughters Land Fashion Campaign (Plus, See Kristen Stewart's New Chanel Ad!)
- Bill Clinton Portrait Contains Hidden Monica Lewinsky Allusion, Artist Reveals
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 19, 1990
- Vol. 34
- No. 20
They're B-A-A-A-C-K! TV's Notorious Brady Bunch Come to Life Onstage
For producers and directors Jill and Faith Soloway, who grew up as Bradyphiles on Chicago's Near South Side, the project is a labor of love. Jill, 25, who works in free-lance film production, transcribes the scripts word for word from reruns. Faith, 26, who also works as musical director for Second City Northwest, an offshoot of the famous Chicago comedy club, supplies tapes of the theme song. Together, they have scoured thrift shops to costume the cast. "We have complete respect for the show," says Jill. "It makes fun of itself—we don't have to."
Part of the appeal of the production, which uses local actors, is its decidedly un-Bradylike setting. "All the regular rules are broken here," says Jill of the scruffy Annoyance theater, where tickets cost $7 and patrons bring their own food and pop beer tops during the play. "For the price of a movie, you can get live theater." And clearly, judging by the young sellout crowds, the plays have hit a nerve in the post-yuppie generation. "This is our nostalgia," says Faith, "not Leave It to Beaver." Explains Jill, "All those Brady family meetings over dilemmas that were solved in 22 minutes made us feel inadequate. Now we can sit in the theater with our feet up, smoke, drink and watch them live. It's as if you can rid your psyche of the demons of wanting to be a Brady."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!