Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- See All the Winners from the Kids' Choice Awards!
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- Lions vs. Crocodile: This Time, It's Personal (VIDEO)
- Inside Story: How Brittany Maynard Became a 'Death with Dignity' Advocate
- Angelina Jolie Makes Her First Post-Surgery Appearance
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 20, 1991
- Vol. 35
- No. 19
The Crosbys' Tragic Song
Dennis Becomes the Second of Bing's Sons Apparently to Take His Own Life
Friends said Dennis had been increasingly despondent since Lindsay's suicide. Moreover, he had recently broken up with his girlfriend, Meg Muir, and had reportedly begun drinking heavily—though he had been in Alcoholics Anonymous for years.
Dennis, who is survived by a twin brother, Philip, was the quietest of the four boys. Though he suffered at his father's harsh hand—e.g., belt whippings, as amply detailed in eldest brother Gary's 1983 book Going My Own Way—Dennis once said, "I let things roll right off me. I don't stay mad long." But an indifferent show-business career with his brothers, two broken marriages (five children, one illegitimate) and several business failures later, the hurt still lingered. In the end, it was one more refrain in the sad ballad of the boys who could never sing on key for their father.
March 28, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!