Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Michael Phelps to Avoid Jail Time After Pleading Guilty to Drunk Driving
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Miss World Pageant Eliminates Swimsuit Competition Round
- Phaedra Parks: 'I Would Love' for the Kids to Visit Apollo in Jail for Christmas
- The PMAs Red Carpet Was All About the Jumpsuit – See Who Wore One!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday December 19, 2014 04:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 20, 1991
- Vol. 35
- No. 19
The Crosbys' Tragic Song
Dennis Becomes the Second of Bing's Sons Apparently to Take His Own Life
Friends said Dennis had been increasingly despondent since Lindsay's suicide. Moreover, he had recently broken up with his girlfriend, Meg Muir, and had reportedly begun drinking heavily—though he had been in Alcoholics Anonymous for years.
Dennis, who is survived by a twin brother, Philip, was the quietest of the four boys. Though he suffered at his father's harsh hand—e.g., belt whippings, as amply detailed in eldest brother Gary's 1983 book Going My Own Way—Dennis once said, "I let things roll right off me. I don't stay mad long." But an indifferent show-business career with his brothers, two broken marriages (five children, one illegitimate) and several business failures later, the hurt still lingered. In the end, it was one more refrain in the sad ballad of the boys who could never sing on key for their father.
December 19, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!