Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult Try to Resist Their Feelings in Clip from Sci-Fi Drama Equals
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Khloé Kardashian Feels Conflicted About Her Exes: 'If People Are Destructive to You Emotionally, That Still Doesn't Mean You Can't Love Them'
- Mother-in-Law of Murdered Texas Fitness Instructor Shares Love Story Between Her Son and Daughter-in-Law: 'She Was Definitely the One'
- WATCH: Jennifer Holliday Surprises The View's Whoopi Goldberg with Superstar Co-Host Karaoke Performance of 'And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 20, 1991
- Vol. 35
- No. 19
One Step Forward
A Grieving Caroline Tentatively Resumes the Public Life of a Princess
Still, the principality's citizens were happy simply to lay eyes on their Princess again. "I think it's fantastic that she's finally feeling well enough to appear in public," one resident commented. "No matter how she looks."
She looked not all that well. With her luxurious locks chopped off in favor of a stern blunt cut (which Paris Match claimed was modeled after her grandmother's hair), Caroline was pale, tired and quite obviously strained. Her hour-long visit to the competition—accompanied by her father, Prince Rainier—startled even those familiar with the comings and goings of the royal family. "Her presence was not scheduled, was not announced, and she surprised everyone," said a Monaco Press Center spokesman.
The appearance sparked speculation about whether Caroline was ready to become active again or simply honoring the memory of her late mother, since flower arranging was a pet hobby of Princess Grace's. Caroline now holds her mother's title of president of the Garden Club of Monaco, which organizes the flower competition.
With a slate of official events looming in the coming weeks—including the May 15 World Music Awards—Caroline will have ample opportunity to show the people of Monaco if her period of mourning has finally ended. Most observers, though, feel the Princess is not yet ready to resume her place as the most active royal sibling. "Prince Albert and Princess Stephanie will be at the music awards, but there has been no official word regarding Caroline," said a spokesperson for the awards. "I doubt very much that she's in the type of mood for this lighthearted event."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!