Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Catherine Lowe Makes Jason Mesnick Wax His Chest on Bachelor-Themed Celebrity Wife Swap
- Read the Cover Story: Inside Blake & Miranda's Shocking Split
- Cecil the Lion's Killer: Who Is Walter Palmer?
- Watch Simon Pegg Channel a Drunk Ron Weasley to Wish Harry Potter a Happy 35th Birthday on Fallon – Sort Of
- Stewarts & Hamiltons Sneak Peek: Watch Kimberly Stewart Bond with Kids in Haiti
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 27, 1991
- Vol. 35
- No. 20
A Rockin' Rebel Goes Country
Pam Tillis, Prodigal Daughter of Mel, Returns to Her Roots for a Hit
Now, at 33, Tillis has found her own place in the sun. After seven scuffling years and one LP as a would-be rock singer-songwriter, she has hit the charts—the country charts—with a new album titled Put Yourself in My Place and No. 1 single, "Don't Tell Me What to Do." "About five or six years ago a bunch of rock bands were really getting into country music," says Tillis of her musical about-face. "I said, 'Wait a minute; I do this stuff good. I don't even have to learn it.' "
Now living in a quiet Nashville neighborhood, Tillis shares a two-story Tudor-style home with Ben, her 12-year-old son from her first marriage, and country songwriter Bob DiPiero, 40, her husband of three months. No longer intimidated by her father's success, Pam says she's even thinking of recording a dad-and-daughter duet on a future album. And that suits Mel, 58, just fine. "I tried to get her to cut this kind of music for 11 years," he says. "I'm not saying, 'I told you so,' but with the Tillis name, people just think country."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!