Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult Try to Resist Their Feelings in Clip from Sci-Fi Drama Equals
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Khloé Kardashian Feels Conflicted About Her Exes: 'If People Are Destructive to You Emotionally, That Still Doesn't Mean You Can't Love Them'
- Mother-in-Law of Murdered Texas Fitness Instructor Shares Love Story Between Her Son and Daughter-in-Law: 'She Was Definitely the One'
- WATCH: Jennifer Holliday Surprises The View's Whoopi Goldberg with Superstar Co-Host Karaoke Performance of 'And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 24, 1991
- Vol. 35
- No. 24
Calling It Off
Julia Roberts and Kiefer Sutherland Put the Wedding on Hold
"It has been mutually agreed upon that the wedding has been postponed," announced the stars' publicists jointly. The cancellation left some 500 guests wondering. While rumors flew about what caused the romance to sputter (if it did), a source close to Julia says, "It was Julia who called the wedding off. She has wanted to do it for some time but didn't know if she could find the courage." Uncertainty about marrying, intensified by embarrassment over mounting publicity, pushed her to the decision, the friend says.
The two fell for each other on the set of Flatliners in 1990, when Sutherland was still married to his first wife, actress Camelia Kath, 37, mother of his daughter, Sarah, 3. (He and Kath were divorced in early 1990.) Almost from the start of their romance, Roberts and Sutherland seemed to be Hollywood's reigning couple. Sutherland eventually moved into Roberts's million dollar house in Los Angeles, and in March she began wearing a costly diamond ring. But in May the tabloids linked Sutherland to a 24-year-old stripper, Amanda Rice, an allegation he vigorously denied.
Last week, while promoting her new movie, Dying Young, due out June 21, Roberts was to have had her last fitting at designer Richard Tyler's Los Angeles shop, Tyler Trafficante. Now the custom-made wedding gown waits unclaimed, along with four seafoam-green silk bridesmaids' dresses. And Dominick's restaurant in West Hollywood had a last-minute cancellation on Kiefer's June 11 stag party. As for the wedding gifts, Dying Young director Joel Schumacher, a close Julia pal, says his present will "stay in the closet till I hear new things." Or maybe till Beverly Hills freezes over.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!