Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,190 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Meet Alli Alberts: Dentist by Day, Lingerie Football Player by Night
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Donald Trump and Family!
- FROM EW: Justin Bieber on One Direction's Shared Album Release Date: 'It Was Strategy on Their Part'
- Princess Sofia Bakes Bread, Jokes of Prince Carl Philip, 'This Is the Husband'
- Hot Country Duo Maddie & Tae Talk Girl Power
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 24, 1991
- Vol. 35
- No. 24
Shoot the Moon? Hell, Says Prof. Alexander Abian, Why Not Just Blow It Up?
The professor claims that blasting the moon would release the gravitational tug that causes our planet to tilt and thus stabilize the earth's temperature and wind patterns. Other professors say poppycock—or worse. David Taylor, assistant chairman of the physics and astronomy department at Northwestern University, asks, "How does he propose to change the earth's angle of rotation without creating massive earthquakes? He would destroy civilization, but we'd have great weather."
There are a few nettlesome questions—like what would happen to the tides, for instance, and whether Abian is actually serious in his proposal or just dabbling in a bit of academic humor—but for the time being he insists that his theory is sound. "I am raising the petulant finger of defiance to the solar organization for the first time in 5 billion years," the professor declares. "Those critics who say 'Dismiss Abian's ideas' are very close to those who dismissed Galileo."
October 06, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!