Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jessica Alba's Honest Company Responds to Sunscreen Complaints: 'We Take All Consumer Feedback Very Seriously'
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- All About Little People, Big World star Zach Roloff's Unique Poppyseed Raspberry Wedding Cake
- Christina Applegate Admits to Being "in Awe" of Chris Hemsworth's Abs
- All the Thoughts That Go Through Your Mind When You Look at JLo's Instagram
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 01, 1991
- Vol. 35
- No. 25
Greetings and Sanitations
What Does the Future Hold? One Class of '91 Seeks the Wisdom of Two Partners in Grime
"We ran off a couple of names," explains student rep Harry Cummings, 18. "Someone yelled, 'How about Bob and Pete?' There was a silence—and then everyone cheered."
"We have a rapport with the kids," says the Buffalo-born Yates, who, along with Rivera, a native of Boston, knows every student in the class by name. "We're like the big brothers in a big family." Yates and Rivera have nurtured the relationship by lending a sympathetic ear to student problems—and even helping out with pranks like booby-trapping lockers with confetti bombs.
But on the podium, the speakers turned serious. Yates concluded his remarks by quoting the poet Kahlil Gibran: "Farewell to you and the youth I have spent with you...." And Rivera urged them: "Do not follow where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
Yet an hour after their standing ovations, Bob and Pete were back at the scene, sleeves rolled up. There was a stage to dismantle and a sound system to break down. "We're probably the only commencement speakers in history," says Rivera, "who've had to clean up after themselves."
August 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!