Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Hawaii Woman Wins $10.7M Jackpot Playing a Penny Slot at Wynn Las Vegas
- Read the Cover Story: The Final Five: Their Amazing Journey!
- Bachelor in Paradise's Caila Quinn Accuses Ashley Iaconetti of 'Sabotaging' Her Relationship with Jared Haibon
- Find Out How Jinger Duggar's Fiancé Jeremy Vuolo Said 'I Love You' for the First Time
- FROM EW: Slay All Day! Leslie Jones Is Just One of SNL's Returning Stars – Find Out Who Else Is Back
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 01, 1991
- Vol. 35
- No. 25
Greetings and Sanitations
What Does the Future Hold? One Class of '91 Seeks the Wisdom of Two Partners in Grime
"We ran off a couple of names," explains student rep Harry Cummings, 18. "Someone yelled, 'How about Bob and Pete?' There was a silence—and then everyone cheered."
"We have a rapport with the kids," says the Buffalo-born Yates, who, along with Rivera, a native of Boston, knows every student in the class by name. "We're like the big brothers in a big family." Yates and Rivera have nurtured the relationship by lending a sympathetic ear to student problems—and even helping out with pranks like booby-trapping lockers with confetti bombs.
But on the podium, the speakers turned serious. Yates concluded his remarks by quoting the poet Kahlil Gibran: "Farewell to you and the youth I have spent with you...." And Rivera urged them: "Do not follow where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
Yet an hour after their standing ovations, Bob and Pete were back at the scene, sleeves rolled up. There was a stage to dismantle and a sound system to break down. "We're probably the only commencement speakers in history," says Rivera, "who've had to clean up after themselves."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!