Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Real-Life Pinky and the Brain Are Still 'Dear Friends' 18 Years After Show Went off the Air
- Read the Cover Story: Prince, 1958-2016
- Jacob Tremblay in Star Wars: Episode IX? Actor Says He Lobbied Director for a Part
- Whitey Bulger's Girlfriend Sentenced to 21 Months in Prison After Guilty Plea for Contempt
- How Spotting Love at First Sight Can Earn You $250,000
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 01, 1991
- Vol. 35
- No. 25
Greetings and Sanitations
What Does the Future Hold? One Class of '91 Seeks the Wisdom of Two Partners in Grime
"We ran off a couple of names," explains student rep Harry Cummings, 18. "Someone yelled, 'How about Bob and Pete?' There was a silence—and then everyone cheered."
"We have a rapport with the kids," says the Buffalo-born Yates, who, along with Rivera, a native of Boston, knows every student in the class by name. "We're like the big brothers in a big family." Yates and Rivera have nurtured the relationship by lending a sympathetic ear to student problems—and even helping out with pranks like booby-trapping lockers with confetti bombs.
But on the podium, the speakers turned serious. Yates concluded his remarks by quoting the poet Kahlil Gibran: "Farewell to you and the youth I have spent with you...." And Rivera urged them: "Do not follow where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
Yet an hour after their standing ovations, Bob and Pete were back at the scene, sleeves rolled up. There was a stage to dismantle and a sound system to break down. "We're probably the only commencement speakers in history," says Rivera, "who've had to clean up after themselves."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!