Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Pregnant Mom Kicked Off Flight Because Her Toddler Cried: 'I Don't Like to Make a Fuss'
- Read the Cover Story: The Duggars' Dark Secrets
- Dustin Diamond Trial: Victim Didn't Know He'd Been Stabbed Until Leaving the Bar
- Watch 3 Scathing Takes on the Duggar Molestation Scandal
- Rebel Wilson Has 'Cuddly' Dinner Date with Rumored Boyfriend Mickey Gooch, Jr.
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 22, 1991
- Vol. 36
- No. 2
Guns N' Riot
Axl's Angry Leap Sparks a Wild Melee at a Missouri Guns N' Roses Concert
So far, it was common behavior for Guns N' Roses—and the fans loved it. But then the hard-rock group stalked offstage and headed for their hotel, leaving 20,000 fans waiting for them to return. When roadies began packing up equipment, the audience went wild, pelting the stage with bottles, cans, rocks and garbage. Hundreds of seats in the brand-new amphitheater were yanked out. Speakers, huge video screens and sound equipment were trashed or stolen. Security guards tried to turn fire hoses on the mob, but the crowd seized the hoses and fired back. When 500 nightstick-wielding police arrived, they weren't exactly delicate. "Did we smack some people?" asks police Maj. Thomas O'Connor of Maryland Heights. "You're damn right we did."
Two hours later at least 60 people—including more than a dozen police—were treated for injuries. There were 16 arrests and more than $200,000 in property damage. Axl said the fault lay not with the stars but with an inexperienced security staff. The police blame Axl, although so far no charges have been filed. (However, last week at least two people injured in the melee filed assault charges against Rose, the band or the promoter.) Guns N' Roses plans to tour for two years, a very long trip indeed.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!