Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Prince William, the Queen and Camilla as You've Never Seen Them Before! Check Out Their Unusual New Portraits
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Show Off Their Shoe Line, Admit to Problems With Confidence
- How Scott Disick May Have Blown a Second Chance with Kourtney Kardashian
- Ashley Williams on Giving Birth. In Her Living Room. On the Floor!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 05, 1991
- Vol. 36
- No. 4
Hardy Once Again
Publisher Phil Zuckerman Puts the High-Octane Prose Back in the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Thrillers
Zuckerman guessed that his kids would prefer the original products of a literary factory in which prepared outlines were fleshed out by hungry writers. When he showed before-and-after chapters to some booksellers, they agreed. So he has acquired the rights to the original texts of three Hardy Boys and three Nancy Drew stories and plans this fall to reissue facsimiles of the hardcovers, complete with original cover art, first published in the '20s and early '30s.
Not everyone is delighted. Sharon McDonald, the children's librarian at the Bedford Free Public Library, says, "When I reread these books as an adult, the bad guy always has an accent.... It troubles me." But beyond that, Zuckerman insists that the original books reflect "moral character and whole-someness and some historical perspective." Son Andy sees a simpler virtue. In the original description of the Hardy boys ice-skating in Hunting for Hidden Gold, he says, "I felt like the wind was blowing hard on the lake."
August 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!