Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Brad Pitt Talks Going Up Against George Clooney for Movie Rights: 'It Can Get Competitive'
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Find Out Which Glee Alums Are Waiting for That American Horror Story Casting Call
- Welcome to the Future: Amazon Previews Drone Delivery Service (VIDEO)
- How You Doin? Wendy Williams, 51, Shows Off 50-Lb. Weight Loss in Sexy, Cleavage-Baring Swimsuit
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 05, 1991
- Vol. 36
- No. 4
Hardy Once Again
Publisher Phil Zuckerman Puts the High-Octane Prose Back in the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Thrillers
Zuckerman guessed that his kids would prefer the original products of a literary factory in which prepared outlines were fleshed out by hungry writers. When he showed before-and-after chapters to some booksellers, they agreed. So he has acquired the rights to the original texts of three Hardy Boys and three Nancy Drew stories and plans this fall to reissue facsimiles of the hardcovers, complete with original cover art, first published in the '20s and early '30s.
Not everyone is delighted. Sharon McDonald, the children's librarian at the Bedford Free Public Library, says, "When I reread these books as an adult, the bad guy always has an accent.... It troubles me." But beyond that, Zuckerman insists that the original books reflect "moral character and whole-someness and some historical perspective." Son Andy sees a simpler virtue. In the original description of the Hardy boys ice-skating in Hunting for Hidden Gold, he says, "I felt like the wind was blowing hard on the lake."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!