Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Katy Perry Plans to Look Like Paula Deen in 30 Years so Gear Up
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- 6 Things to Know About Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – And How it Fits Into the Potter Universe
- WATCH: Christina Applegate Gets Emotional About Daughter Sadie: 'I Love My Kid' More Than I Thought 'Is Humanly Possible'
- The Truth Behind Lauren Conrad's Famous Mascara Tears from The Hills
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 20, 1989
- Vol. 32
- No. 21
The Belles Blossom at the Premiere of Steel Magnolias
For this glittery occasion, which raised $560,000 dollars for the Iacocca Foundation for Diabetes Research, talk of contras was tabled. A dance line took precedence, featuring MacLaine, Sally Field, Olympia Dukakis, Daryl Hannah and Julia Roberts. The stars then segued into a euphoric Fiddler on the Roof-like production number. Holding red handkerchiefs over their heads, Roberts and MacLaine boogied to Springsteen's "Hungry Heart."
Said playwright Robert Hading, who based Steel Magnolias on his Louisiana family: "During shooting they'd all come over to the house. Mom would cook them fried catfish dinners." How did Robert's father, who flew in for the premiere, feel passing the okra to such stellar guests? "They're a fine bunch of people," said the elder Robert. No one would argue otherwise, least of all them.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!