Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM EW: See the First Teaser Trailer for Zoolander 2
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- Jessica Alba's Honest Company Responds to Sunscreen Complaints: 'We Take All Consumer Feedback Very Seriously'
- All About Little People, Big World star Zach Roloff's Unique Poppyseed Raspberry Wedding Cake
- Christina Applegate Admits to Being "in Awe" of Chris Hemsworth's Abs
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 25, 1989
- Vol. 32
- No. 26
What makes Barkin so persuasive is the shimmering interplay between an impassioned intelligence and that mysterious film noir face. We're dealing here with an actress, not a sex kitten. "Acting," Barkin says, "is a matter of giving away secrets....You let [the audience] crawl inside you for a little while." Inside Barkin's psyche, audiences sense a street-smart kid from the Bronx who clawed her way up. Brutally informed by teachers that "I wasn't pretty enough" to be an actress, she hung on to her dream for a decade before getting her first role in a feature film. Five years later The Big Easy (1987) made her a star, but stardom hasn't softened her hard New York edges. Nor has a year of marriage to Irish actor Gabriel Byrne and two months of motherhood—in October she had an 8-lb. baby boy. Hollywood scripts, she says, are "big crap or lesser crap. Greatness I don't hope for." She refuses to perform with "actors that I don't respect." On set she fights like a guttersnipe for her creative vision. "I scream all the time at somebody," she admits, "myself included." Most directors say the gain is well worth the pain.
August 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!