Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Watch: Hero Cop Rescues Allegedly Suicidal Man From Tracks Moments Before Train Goes By
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Why Huma Abedin Stood by Husband Anthony Weiner Through His Last Two Sexting Scandals
- WATCH: 11 Best Burns from the Comedy Central Roast of Rob Lowe
- Heartbroken Grandfather Pictured Alone in Nursing Home After Being Separated from Wife of 62 Years
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 05, 1990
- Vol. 33
- No. 5
With Andrew at Sea, Fergie and Bea Take a Powder in the Alps
With her father, Andrew, the Duke of York, away at sea and her mother, Sarah, taking it easy before the March birth of her second child, Beatrice busied herself throwing snow at her nanny and a bodyguard. While Mummy had breakfast with old friend Julia Dodd-Noble one day, Beatrice got some snowsuited company from Julia's 22-month-old daughter, Eliza.
The fun was so irresistible, though, that Fergie did appear for a short sled ride, looking casually chic—and surprisingly slim-in a shearling jacket, fake-fur hat and form-fitting jeans. Indeed, poor Fergie, roundly criticized for her 50-lb. weight gain during her last pregnancy, seems determined not to repeat that experience: This time she has gained only 20 lbs. In response to tabloid taunts, her father and prime defender, Maj. Ronald Ferguson, said, "She just can't win. Last time they said she was too fat, now she's too slim."
At least one British citizen wasn't concerned with the controversy. Smiling and happy, Beatrice played on. This, after all, was snow business.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!