Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 8 Things We'd Buy for Summer from Reese Witherspoon's Draper James Site
- Read the Cover Story: The Duggars' Dark Secrets
- Toronto Teen Gets in Trouble for Crop Top, Gets 500 Classmates to Wear Them to School the Next Day
- Friday Actor Reynaldo Rey Dies at 75
- Drew Barrymore Gets Her Groove On at Dance-Party Workout Class
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 05, 1990
- Vol. 33
- No. 5
With Andrew at Sea, Fergie and Bea Take a Powder in the Alps
With her father, Andrew, the Duke of York, away at sea and her mother, Sarah, taking it easy before the March birth of her second child, Beatrice busied herself throwing snow at her nanny and a bodyguard. While Mummy had breakfast with old friend Julia Dodd-Noble one day, Beatrice got some snowsuited company from Julia's 22-month-old daughter, Eliza.
The fun was so irresistible, though, that Fergie did appear for a short sled ride, looking casually chic—and surprisingly slim-in a shearling jacket, fake-fur hat and form-fitting jeans. Indeed, poor Fergie, roundly criticized for her 50-lb. weight gain during her last pregnancy, seems determined not to repeat that experience: This time she has gained only 20 lbs. In response to tabloid taunts, her father and prime defender, Maj. Ronald Ferguson, said, "She just can't win. Last time they said she was too fat, now she's too slim."
At least one British citizen wasn't concerned with the controversy. Smiling and happy, Beatrice played on. This, after all, was snow business.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!