Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: See Joanna Krupa's Egg-Retrieval Procedure
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- It's Another Girl for Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell!
- Which Former Boy Band Member Will Compete on The Amazing Race?
- Kim Kardashian Wore Fur-Lined Strappy Stilettos, and Yes, There are Photos
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday December 20, 2014 05:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 05, 1990
- Vol. 33
- No. 5
With Andrew at Sea, Fergie and Bea Take a Powder in the Alps
With her father, Andrew, the Duke of York, away at sea and her mother, Sarah, taking it easy before the March birth of her second child, Beatrice busied herself throwing snow at her nanny and a bodyguard. While Mummy had breakfast with old friend Julia Dodd-Noble one day, Beatrice got some snowsuited company from Julia's 22-month-old daughter, Eliza.
The fun was so irresistible, though, that Fergie did appear for a short sled ride, looking casually chic—and surprisingly slim-in a shearling jacket, fake-fur hat and form-fitting jeans. Indeed, poor Fergie, roundly criticized for her 50-lb. weight gain during her last pregnancy, seems determined not to repeat that experience: This time she has gained only 20 lbs. In response to tabloid taunts, her father and prime defender, Maj. Ronald Ferguson, said, "She just can't win. Last time they said she was too fat, now she's too slim."
At least one British citizen wasn't concerned with the controversy. Smiling and happy, Beatrice played on. This, after all, was snow business.
December 19, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!