Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kanye West's NSFW 'Famous' Music Video Features a Topless Taylor Swift Sculpture: 'Special Thanks for Being Famous'
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- It's a Girl! Audrina Patridge Welcomes Daughter Kirra Max
- Restaurant Owner Fires His Son After Customer Is Called 'Fatty' on Receipt
- Mother of Accused Slenderman Stabber Expresses Concern Over Daughter's Future After Teen's Mental Illness Stabilizes: 'With Lucidity Comes Awareness'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 05, 1990
- Vol. 33
- No. 9
A Love Match, Not An Alliance, Unites a Cuomo and a Kennedy
Andrew, the son of New York Gov. Mario Cuomo, proposed to Kerry, 30, Bobby Kennedy's daughter, over dinner in a New York City restaurant on Valentine's Day, after dating her for 18 months. He lives in Manhattan, where he runs HELP, a nonprofit organization that builds housing for the homeless, and she in Boston, where she is executive director of the Robert Kennedy Memorial Center, a human rights organization. Of necessity, theirs was a courtship conducted via planes, trains and automobiles. "She would come to New York with some frequency," says Andrew, "and I would go there."
Once seemingly one of America's most eligible bachelors, Andrew will surrender his eligibility this spring, reportedly in a ceremony at the McLean, Va., home of Kerry's mother, Ethel. Kerry will move her office to New York City, where everyone expects the two to live blissfully. Maria Pavlovich, Cuomo's assistant at HELP, says Andrew and Kerry are an "ordinary, normal couple...both down-to-earth." For relaxation they prefer casual dinners out or going to the movies.
For his part, Mario Cuomo couldn't be happier about the match. "Kerry is a wonderful, wonderful young lady," he said recently on his weekly radio show. Indeed, the only question among the Cuomos is what took Andrew so long. "My mother, who's 88 years old, was called by Andrew and told he was engaged," said the Governor. "She summed up her attitude with one word: 'final-mente!—which means 'finally!' "
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!